BLS-2023 Standard Edition
The best bowling league secretary software, supporting both scores and financials. for the 22/23 season. Preorder Now! Supports Windows 11! Estimated Release Mid-August 2022.
BLS-2023 Standard promotes the best league software for Windows. CDE Software uses its over 40 year experience with bowling software to provide the most comprehensive and best league software in the industry that is powerful, yet easy to use.
Designed to be easy to use by everyone
Easy navigation to get at functions, organized in a manner that follows the league season. Dashboard highlights information about the league.
Run as many scratch or handicap leagues on your computer as you wish. Leagues can be men, women, boys, girls, adults only, youth only or adult and youth. Bowl up to 6 games a week with up to 12 bowlers on a team and up to 190 teams per league, bowling a maximum of 97 weeks per season.
Several options for Social Distancing spacing of lane assignments, such as 1 team per pair, every other pair dark, every other lane dark and more.
Built-in financial module to manage finances for the league. Also manages prize funds.
Supports and is recommended by the United States Bowling Congress, Canadian Tenpin Federation and The National Bowling Association for the 2022/23 bowling season.
Flexible reports and standing sheets. Embellish reports with logos, different fonts and other ways to distinguish your league from others.
Upload Standings For Your Bowlers To View Online
BLS-2023 uploads league standings to the popular LeagueSecretary.com website during the 2022/2023 bowling season, where bowlers can view their standings online or with a mobile application. USBC’s Bowl.com and personal websites are also supported for standings uploading. It also uploads the league backups to the cloud for emergency retrieval.
Easy Score Entry
Rapidly enter scores using the keyboard. Bowlers can be moved using mouse or keyboard shortcuts. Easy handling of absentee, vacancy and injured scores.
Flexible Rules Configuration
As leagues can have simple to complex rules, BLS-2022 offers a logically organized configuration screen to configure the league rules. Basic text in the bylaws for things like “bowlers will be fined $1.00 for not wearing a team shirt” can be entered for printout of the league bylaws within BLS.
Our BLS-2023 Standard edition is similar to the former Perfect Secretary Standard by Treasure Software, which closed their doors in Spring 2018. If you are a former customer, there is a importer function in BLS-2023 to assist with conversion to BLS.
Former Perfect Secretary
Try BLS-2023 For Free!
Once released, you can download the program installer and install the software. The software will run in Demo Mode allowing you to check out the sample league and check out most program features. Purchase from our online store when ready or call our sales department to place the order by phone.
In the mean time, try our BLS-2022 software out. The software installer for BLS-2023 is not out yet.
Program installer for BLS-2022 Bowling League Secretary Software for the 2021/22 season software for the following editions:
- BLS-2022 Standard
- BLS-2022 Professional
- BLS-2022 AutoScoring
If you purchased BLS-2022 or wish to try a demo of BLS-2022, use this installer. This installer also updates existing installations of BLS-2022 to the current release of BLS-2022.
Bowling Clipart and Master Bowler Database are available as separate installers.
Operating Systems Supported: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 2022 Server, Windows 2019 Server Windows 2016 Server, and Windows 2012 Server. Supports 32 bit and 64 bit versions of these operating systems.
Note: While installation and operation may potentially work with Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008, this operation is no longer supported by Microsoft or officially supported/tested by CDE
Additional Product Details
- General Features
- Additional Features
- USBC, CTF and TNBA Support
- Internet Features
- System Requirements
BLS-2023 Standard is our popular edition for management of bowling leagues. This edition is part of our consumer products, which are editions used at home. Bowling centers needing the industrial edition that integrates with the scoring system will need the BLS-2022 AutoScoring Edition product.
BLS-2023 Standard is designed to make your work easier and enjoyable to where you will always want to be the league secretary. The United States Bowling Congress (USBC) is supported along with the Canadian Tenpin Federation (CTF) and The National Bowling Association (TNBA) and includes forms, sanctions, membership cards & awards for use in the 2022/2023 bowling season. BLS-2023 also supports the 2022/2023 Pepsi Tournament qualifiers.
BLS-2023 features easier and clearer menu navigation in a manner organized with how a league operates throughout the season. Easily navigate between weeks and the league calendar is always handy. This league software features unique Internet enabled features, including sending email, with our without attachments, to your league members. Also, only BLS can support uploading standing sheets to LeagueSecretary.com, Bowl.com and your own personal websites for the 2022/2023 season.
Many of BLS-2023 features are features CDE and its BLS product line have been doing for years. Such features include:
- Manage as many leagues as you wish (Why pay more for each league or # of teams).
- Manage men, women, mixed and youth leagues.
- Built-in league treasurer module to manage finances for a league.
- Built-in league prize fund management
- Support – CDE provides the largest opportunity for support for your program via online chat, message boards, email, fax, mail and phone
- WHY WAIT – When purchasing the software on our online store, the invoice will contain a temporary registration code for you to download and begin using the software FULLY while waiting for the permanent registration code sent the next business day. [Preorders excluded]
- Additional features available beyond what is listed.
A sample of some of our general features include:
- Up to 6 games of bowling per week.
- Scratch or Handicap Leagues.
- Up to 190 teams per league.
- Roster sizes up to 12 per team.
- Up to 95 weeks per league.
- Men, Women, Boys, Girls, Adult, Youth or Adult/Youth league support.
- Travelling leagues.
Split Season Support:
- Up to 8 splits in a season.
- Definable split weeks.
- Reset specific items when a new split is reached, such as team points, team pinfall, score recognition and more.
- Rank standings by the split or by the season.
Legal Lineup Control:
- Configurable legal lineup minimum requirements.
- Fix roster support.
- Adjust lineups when advancing weeks, such as re-arrange from low to high average.
- Team average cap limits.
Individual Averages Control:
- Set requirements for use of book or entering average for a period of time.
- Set requirements for bowlers without a book or entering average for a period of time.
- Cushion average and declining cushion average support.
- 3-6-9 average format for first 3 weeks when book average not used
- Pin drop limits, such as pins a player can drop from book/entering average.
- Minimum average requirement.
Handicap League Control:
- Same or different handicap percentage and base for genders.
- Support for leagues adopting USBC Rule 100g-5 regarding capping of handicap scores.
- Negative handicapping support.
- Maximum handicap limiting support.
- Support for team handicap methods of:
- Summing bowler handicaps
- Team average basis
- Difference between team averages
Subs, Absentee, forfeit and vacant bowler control:
- Absentee score by specific pinfall or percentage.
- Pin drop rule support for absentees missing consecutive weeks or cumulative number of weeks.
- Vacant bowler can be based on gender score or be based on a specific score or have a different percentage and base then others.
- Bye team rule support or BYE team support.
- Permanent Substitutes support
- Temporary/Roving Substitutes support
- Team points for game and series, handicap and/or scratch.
- Individual match points (bowler vs bowler) for game and series, handicap and/or scratch.
- Bonus points.
- Peterson points (1 pin per designated amount of pinfall).
- Regressive points.
- UBL league support.
- Scratch and/or handicap game and series awards
- Game and series above average
- Most improved
- High average.
- Limit bowlers/teams to 1 awards or all that they qualify for.
- Mid-Season startup to more easily start a league in BLS when season already started.
- Multiple Teams per Lane
- Bowling against two teams per week.
- Supports Prebowls and Makeups/Postbowls in an simple to use format
- Supports overrides for averages, handicaps, wins and losses
Additional features include:
- USBC Schedule support.
- Position rounds.
- Reverse position rounds.
- Different starting lane.
- Holiday support.
- Multiple shift support.
- Multiple teams per lane support.
- Easy to use score entry screen.
- Rapid entry of scores.
- View calculated columns to assist with diagnosing questions, such as scores with handicap, average of bowler per game, etc.
- Baker score support.
- Easy to manage bowlers
- View bowler history at a glance
BLS-2023 supports the USBC, CTF and TNBA for the 2022/23 bowling season with the following features:
- USBC Certified Leagues with award detection and forms, membership forms, sanctions forms and more for the 22/23 season.
- Playing rule changes for the 22/23 season.
- Generate export file for WinLABS league average import for the 22/23 season.
- Prints USBC bowler membership cards for the 22/23 season.
- USBC Youth Pepsi Tournament qualifications processing, including divisional changes and age changes for the 22/23 season.
- Prebowl / makeup scores can be designated to disqualify for USBC awards for the 22/23 season.
- CTF awards changes for the 22/23 season.
- Prints CTF bowler membership cards for the 22/23 season.
- Prints TNBA awards for the 22/23 season.
- Prints TNBA bowler membership cards for the 22/23 season.
Some of the report features include:
- Standing sheet can have different league title than description for league for opening leagues.
- Reprinting of scores redesigned and consumes less paper and contains more details for paper trail / audit purposes.
- Multiple Reports are managed with customization of league standings, detailed reports, season histories and more.
- Add graphics and watermarks from our bowling clipart CD-ROM’s or your own creations. You control size, position and effects
- Fonts customization within multiple reports, changing font style, size and color.
- Print plain paper recaps
- Print on available laser, inkjet and dot matrix printers using forms officially approved by CDE Software with our official recap partner Databar.
Some of the Internet enabled features include:
- Single one-click upload to your websites comes standard with all editions of BLS-2023.
- Download program updates from within the program.
- Give your bowlers FREE access to INTERACTIVE standings with LeagueSecretary.com for the 2022/2023 bowling season to dynamically show positions, rosters, histories and more
- FREE uploading standings to LeagueSecretary.com f for the 2022/2023 bowling season for certified USBC leagues AND non-sanctioned leagues
- FREE cloud backup storage on LeagueSecretary.com for the 2022/2023 bowling season to securely backup leagues for emergencies (One Click!)
- FREE uploading standings to USBC’s own Bowl.com for certified leagues
- FREE uploading standings to USBC’s own Bowl.com for certified Sport leagues
- Web uploads – Have your own site too? Upload to both LeagueSecretary.com and your own website
Some of the features for the financial management portion of BLS include:
- Record payments and manage treasurer duties with the built-in treasurer module to manage league finances to track by bowler or by team.
- Keep track of membership card payments.
- Track sponsor money.
- Track and assign fines.
- Allow different pricing for regulars and subs.
- Set up and manager prize funds
The following are systems requirements to install and operate this software:
- Operating System: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2022, Windows Server 2019, Windows 2016 Server and Windows 2012 Server. Supports 32 bit and 64 bit versions of these operating systems.
- Hard Drive Storage: 150-200 megs free space on hard drive (95 MB additional hard disk space required for installation. Space used may be less depending on prerequisite installs already present)
- Display: 1024×768 or higher display resolution with greater than 256 color depth (16 bit color recommended) with 32 MB of graphics memory.
- Display Fonts: Display font size to Small Fonts (100%)
- Processor: Minimum operating system requirements, 1.4 gigahertz or faster recommended
- RAM/Memory: Minimum operating system requirements, 2 gigabytes or more recommended.
- Optical Drive: CD-ROM or DVD-ROM Drive 4x or faster (compatible with reading CD-R’s) – Not needed if installation via download.
- USB Port: Not needed if installation via CD-ROM or electronic download from destination machine.
- Printer: A physical printer or printer driver must be installed.
- Pointing Device: Microsoft mouse or compatible pointing device
- Software Prerequisites:
- Internet Explorer: Internet Explorer 9.0 or later
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later (free from Adobe.com website)
- Internet connection to use built in Internet features
Full Pricing: $149.00
- From BLS-2022 Standard: $40.00
- From BLS-2021 Standard: $76.00
- From BLS-2020 Standard: $100.00 – Until 5/30/2023
Product includes program installer, which also installs the program manual in PDF format and bonus clipart installer. The printed manual and CD-ROM is available for an additional $20.00 or printed manual and USB Drive is available for an additional $28.00 plus S/H.
All upgrade orders are manually verified for eligibility. If the software was transferred to you by a previous user, a Transfer of Ownership form, from our support section, must be completed, signed and returned to CDE Software before order can be processed.
Estimated Release Mid-August 2022.